What are the different light bulb options in an electric lantern?Updated a year ago
When customizing your lantern, bulb options include:
- Electric - Non-LED light bulb. Does not flicker.
- LED Filament Electric - Standard LED light bulb with filaments instead of diodes. Does not flicker.
- Tri-Fire LED Electric Flame with Hurricane Shade - An LED bulb in a hurricane shade that mimics the movement of a flame, and is available when customizing Primo Lanterns products. Its light output is about the same as a single candle flame. the tri fire led bulb is for effect only and does not provide much in useful light output. It can be seen in action here.
- LED Gold Simulated Flame - An LED bulb with an E12 Candalabra base that mimics the movement of a flame. It can be ordered and seen in action here.
- Weiyan LED Simulated Gas Flame - An LED bulb with a type E26 base that mimics the movement of a flame and is available when customizing Coppersmith products. It can be ordered here, and can be seen in action here. When selecting this option, it is a good idea to also select opaque glass for your fixture to mask the bulb and help create the illusion of a flame.
Depending on the size and design of the lantern, the number of bulbs in the light cluster and type of bulbs can differ. This information is often detailed in the photos and description of the lantern.
When in doubt, please contact French Market Lanterns directly so that we may provide those specifics.
Was this article helpful?